Over the years, kitchen designs have evolved a lot. In the past, the kitchen was Mom’s place and other family members would enter to share a meal or help Mom prepare meals.
Designing a kitchen is more than creating a place to cook your day’s meals. Since the pandemic, kitchens have become a family affair. Planning a kitchen has changed a lot over the past five years. The emphasis is on creating a space that you can cook, eat, and also relax in.
Understanding the basics
It’s a smart idea to hire an expert to help you brainstorm about your kitchen design.
Consider how you’ll use your kitchen. Is the kitchen a place where you and your family gather all day, especially on weekends? Is it a place where your children do homework? Do you work from home and require a dedicated space for your desk? These factors will help you get started on the remodeling process.
Here are some additional things to consider:
- Budget – This is the most important consideration when deciding how much you are willing to spend on your kitchen remodeling project. Designing kitchens that work does not necessarily require you to spend a million dollars. Stick to your budget and see what you can accomplish with the money that you have.
- Layout – You were brainstorming ideas with Mr. You probably discussed your ideas with your Mr. This will be affected by the layout. If you are able to alter the layout, think about what would work best for your needs, whether it is a traditional L- or U-shaped design or something completely different.
- Measure – Once you’ve decided what you want, make sure an expert measures it so that you can see how everything will fit together. You might have to give up something, but if you are clear about your options, it is possible to make it work.
- Lighting and room size – While you might love tall European-style cherry cabinets but not for your kitchen size, they may be too heavy. For small kitchens, white Shaker cabinets might be a better choice than something more stately. A modern white kitchen design might be a good choice for a dark kitchen that has little natural light. Ask your consultant for his/her recommendations regarding your type of kitchen.
- You can complement the rest of your home with white Shaker kitchen cabinets. These cabinets are simple and minimal and have very little decoration. You might also consider cabinets with elaborate trim and ornamental hardware if you have frillier furniture. Your consultant can also offer suggestions for matching your home.
- Consider appliances when designing your dream kitchen. You can spend a lot on appliances depending on the type you choose. So plan accordingly.
- Color, color and more color! – Pay attention to the color of your cabinets, but also your countertops, backsplash, walls, and floors. For example, modern white kitchens can look completely different with dark walls than with pastel colors. A bright backsplash or 50’s-style, black-and-white flooring can complement plain white Shaker kitchen cabinets. Consider the vibe you wish to create and how color can help you achieve it.
- Counter space – Professionals spend a lot of time looking at counter space when designing kitchens. Counter space is important if you enjoy cooking. An island might be a good idea. It may not be necessary if you are more of a take-out person.
- Other costs – Don’t forget about the extras that make your kitchen special, such as lighting, flooring, and faucets. They all add up to the cost, but if you leave them to the last minute and don’t account for the associated expense, it could lead to a kitchen that is less functional than beautiful.
You need to plan ahead, regardless of whether you are going with a modern white kitchen, a new gray or green kitchen, or something more traditional. Mr. Cabinet Care is an expert in the planning phase and will be there with you from the first brainstorming session to the final tile being placed. For more information on our products and services, visit us at www.mrcabinetcare.com
November 17, 2021
April 15, 2018
February 28, 2018
- November 28, 2023
- November 22, 2023
- November 16, 2023
- October 19, 2023
- Small Living Room Ideas With Dining Tables That Have Big Style November 28, 2023
- The Perfect Guide to Choosing Cable Deck Railing Systems for Your Home November 22, 2023
- Tips on Designing Your Outdoor Spa November 16, 2023
- FAQs About Heater Repair Projects In Columbus OH October 19, 2023
- What To Consider When Choosing One Of The Best Water Damage Restoration Services October 2, 2023